Meet Columbus Workers’ Compensation
Attorney Ed Cox
Edward J. Cox, Jr. was born and raised in
Columbus, Ohio and attended Bowling Green
State University receiving a B.A. in Political
Science. He proceeded on to the
University of Michigan Law School where he
graduated earned with his Juris Doctor.
Ed has represented claimants
and employers before all administrative
levels of the Industrial Commission of Ohio,
the Court of Common Pleas, the Court of
Appeals and the Supreme Court of Ohio.
Edward J. Cox Jr. brings ability, concern and
the know-how to help all of his clients.
Edward J. Cox, Jr. was admitted to the Ohio Bar in 1972, as well as, the United States Court of Military Appeals and the United States District Court of the Southern District of Ohio. Ed joined the firm his father, Edward Cox, Sr., founded in 1973 after clerking for the Honorable
Robert M. Duncan.
He has been a principal in his firm since 1983. In that same year, he was appointed a Special Counsel by the Attorney General of Ohio and represented the Department of Taxation and Public Employers Retirement System in that capacity.
He previously represented Arena Football players and was a member of the NFLPA Workers Compensation Panel.
Areas of Emphasis
- Workers’ compensation
- Personal injury
- Bowling Green State University, B.A., Political Science
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., Law
- The American Association for Justice
- Columbus Bar Association: Worker’s Compensation Subcommittee
- Columbus Bar Foundation Fellow
- Ohio Association for Justice: Worker’s Compensation Subcommittee
- Workplace Injury Litigation Group, Inc.
- Central Ohio Association for Justice
- John Mercer Langston Bar Association
Public Service and Community Affairs
- Board of Zoning Appeals of New Albany (1995-2002)
- Legal Advisory Committee of the Columbus Foundation
- Board of Trustees of Blue Cross of Central Ohio
- Columbus Urban League
- Columbus Museum of Art